Thursday, May 01, 2008

What Kind of Cleaning is Spring Cleaning?

Welcome back. You belong here.

Boxes, boxes and more boxes...moving does that, boxes everywhere you look. So today, as I sorted through tons of stuff (too much stuff), something interesting happened.

Today I got rid of a ton of files, pictures, music, folders, books I've read. They all represent a time and a place in my life that is now over.

It's amazing how much of my previous life has ended, I guess it's all still in me as life never leaves, but there are things that are no longer in front, they're now behind me.

So as I sort through stuff I find myself feeling better. I am looking forward to new books, making new memories, to living in a new present. It sort of feels like someone has died and I'm getting rid of all their stuff.

Spring cleaning? Well, it's 20 degrees and snowing right now, my fingers are almost frozen. But something about this process makes me look forward to the future and I guess that's what spring is all about. It's The Spring of My Soul.

Have a great day,

Into the future,

davidT