Monday, August 29, 2005

New Workout Routine


Welcome back. You are welcomed here.

I'm into weightraining, I've been into it for almost 2 years now. I also follow an eating plan, six meals a day, no fats, no sugars, protein drinks, lots of chicken, tuna, vegetables, and a ton of water. I lift 4x a week and run 3x/week, abs every day. I rest 1x or 2x/week.

If you want to get started, I can help.

Part of muscle growth includes diversifying your routine. Muscles get used to anything after enough time, so you have to keep them guessing. You really should switch up every 3-4 months.

For the last year, I've been doing the Arnold's Body Building Level 1 Program (Arnold is in the middle, holding a towel in the picture). I'll go back to that someday, perhaps in the Winter. But it's time for a change.

So, the last 3-4 weeks, I've been following Dave Draper's Program (the Blond Bomber is on the left in the picture), which is a Day 1, Day 2 program and you alternate the two routines. It's higher rep, different exercises than Arnold's program, a bit longer (65-70mns) versus Arnold's which was 50-55mns, but it's fun, different and most of all stimulating.

The results? I'm no Arnold that's for sure, I'm all natural, he was on steroids as was Draper. But I've noticed more muscle density in my arms the last few weeks. I took pictures last week and they weren't bad. We'll see what happens the rest of the Fall.

Into the future,

davidT