Sunday, August 07, 2005

Not Ready to Open My Mouth


Welcome back.

So I was leading worship this morning, but before that I did the welcome in the earlier service. I began to talk and my words just wouldn't come out. Speaker's block? It was like I was talking in Russian, hey, maybe I was. That told me right away I wasn't ready to open my mouth!

Then the worship time began in the service I serve in and it went fine, but I was praying a lot, asking God for the energy to serve Him even though I felt weary. Just not used to the Sunday thing just yet. I will, just not today.

God showed me today how I can't do much without Him. Nothing of eternal value at least. And yet, He was faithful, His word was taught, we sang praises to His greatness and no one was injured (...well maybe our drummer, but not too bad : )

And this last week I've been pushing, trying to get off the dime in ministry, summer programs, meetings, etc. I thought I'd be all there by now, being with the greater Body and all, but I guess I'm not. It could be the accumulation of the last 8 months since gramma's death in January, then Isabela's (4) surgery in May and then Russia in July. I'm on vacation in just one more week, I'm looking forward to that. I need it.

Picture: Russia camp. After washing their socks, t-shirts and underwear, I hung my boy's clothes out to dry.

Into the future,

davidT