Friday, April 29, 2005

Today I Just Cried Most of the Day

Some days I just cry all day. It's okay, I'm fine. I had many normal moments along the way. The hard thing about sharing these things with you is that you may think I'm never happy, or that I'm always sad. Neither is true. I'm both sad and happy and then I'm okay. It's a part of grief (see below).

When did I cry today?

1. While on the treadmill this morning
2. Driving Canela to school around noon
3. Talking to Rachelle tonight
4. Leaving the office for the day

What do I do in times like these?

1. I worship. Today it was Fernando Ortega's "Light of Heaven" and "Storm", very healing songs.
2. I read the Word. Today I read Psalm 22 over and over again. The psalms are my "Relevant Magazine"
3. I called a friend, actually two friends. Great guys
4. I talked to my wife about it. She is great.
5. I ran, and did my abs. Exercise is a good way to get emotions out.
6. I called a Retreat center to get away for a few days. That should be good.
7. Worked all day, did Mr. Mom duties, met a fellow Nicaraguan, stuff, stuff, stuff.

Nothing fancy. Grief work, gotta do it.