Friday, July 08, 2005

My Tribute to Recent World Suffering

Welcome back.

I offer this song I recently wrote to support those in London and around the world who are wondering why, who feel God has forsaken them, who do not know what to say about this tragedy. I wrote this as a way to find God during my recent loss.

The song covers the entire Psalm 22. This is the psalm Jesus quoted on the cross, "my God, my God, why have you forsaken me."

There are three parts to the psalm. The song has the same flow:
1. The agony
2. Turning to God
3. Declaring God's goodness to the Nations

Psalm 22 (We Proclaim)
Be not far from me O Lord/I am poured out and alone/All my bones are out of join/But my heart has turned to You/Be not far from me O Lord/I am broken and alone/All my bones are out of joint/But my heart has turned to You/Don't stay away/There's no one to help but You/Don't stay away/Where else can I stay but You/But You/CHORUS:And to the nations we'll proclaim/All the wonders of Your Name/And we will sing of Your great fame/That You are good/That You are good/That You are good/That You are good.

Into the future,

davidT