Monday, July 11, 2005

Praying and Reading in Preparation

Welcome back.

The list is endless for Friday's trip:
1. DONE!Car to shop
2. DONE!Cut vines
3. PENDING.Return coat
4. DONE!Sunday prep for 5 Sundays I'm gone this summer
5. IN PROGRESS.Russia, Russia, Russia
6. ALWAYS IN PROGRESS.Time with Rachelle and children

So I'm taking time this AM to pray and seek the Scriptures for the strength I need this week and in the weeks to come:

From a devotional book "A Guide to Prayer". Today's reading is from Psalm 37:

23 The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.

24When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong,
Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand.

25I have been young and now I am old,
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken
Or his descendants begging bread."


The Word of the Lord.
ALL: Thanks be to God!

Lord, I have been younger and now I'm in my mid to late 30's and I have never seen you forsake those who seek after you, and that seeking, is but a gift of your grace and love. Thank you Jesus, that You have established our steps this summer and you will hold our hand if we fall.

Into the future,

davidT