Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Not Big Into It, But Good to Go

I'm not a big fan of our thanksgiving eve service which happens tonight. Too much home cooking for me. I'd be better off home with my family or out with friends. But, it's good for me so I'm going and I volunteered to play and help lead the songs. It's good for me to be in community with the larger 'family' although I don't always feel connected to it.

These nights bring out the desire and need in me. I desire community with like minded people, yet I need community with our current church. So I'm going. I also know 4-5 years ago my dad and I went to one of these services and it meant the world to many people to see us together there that night. So you never know.

I'm going with a good attitude and a heart open to God's voice through the people.

Exercise update: I did 200 regular and reverse crunches a bit ago, and after the service I will do arms and back. Can't wait.