Friday, March 18, 2005

I Would do a Great Church Service


Long Beach, CA
Originally uploaded by dtrigueros.

I guess who wouldn't right? But if I do a church in downtown Long Beach, CA, it would be a great church service. I've looked into organic, house network, art galleries, coffee house and more. And looking at who I am, what I've been trained to do, who Bethany is, and the need for an Emergent church in downtown, I would do church the way I know how. It would be multi-site deal through Bethany, call it Bethany Urban, rent a space, get the band, the sound and lights, the web guy, the children's director, the small groups person, the arts people, the team staff, no video venues, we would do the preaching, equipping and pastoring ourselves. Give us $40,000 to start up and we're off and running.

That's how I would do it. And yes, I've been thinking about it again. We would then be able to help church planters and others to do what they're called to do in downtown. We would be in relationship with these guys. In fact, I'm already in relationship with these guys. I want to be the pastor of Bethany Urban, a place of relationship, rest, training, home, and worship for postmoderns in Urban Long Beach.