Friday, March 04, 2005

My Wife Misses Abuelita

After reading this, I cried in gramma's room for about 6 minutes non-stop.

Dear Family and Friends,
I want to share with you my memories of Abuelita:

Today is Abuelita's birthday. I miss her so much.

I miss hearing her call me from her room.
I miss her sneaking up on me while I'm on the couch watching tv to ask me
something important.
I miss hearing her television on as she watched her nightly novelas.
I miss hearing her talk on the phone to her many, many friends and family
members.
I miss her almost silent shuffle as she walked down the hall.
I miss her cooking.
I miss her emptying the dishwasher every morning.
I miss her sitting and eating her toast with coffee after she finished the
dishes every morning.
I miss talking to her about my latest theory on our children's health,
developmental stage, etc.
I miss getting her phone when it rang and running to wherever she was to hand
it to her so I wouldn't have to say hello.
I miss her singing with her radio worship songs.
I miss her listening to her radio shows about natural health solutions.
I miss hearing the sewing machine as she mended and sewed.
I miss taking her to get her hair done.
I miss her going with me on my errands.
I miss her sweet voice.
I miss her laughing hysterically every Sunday night as she watched her
"payaso" show.
I miss her tireless, endless, patient love for everyone.

Who will...
Who will teach me how to be a better mom?
Who will be the ultimate example of selfless sacrifice?
Who will sew on loose buttons, mend tears and make the girls dresses?
Who will teach me by her example how to be a better housekeeper?
Who will just be there when David is gone at night?
Who will teach the rest of the great grandchildren "gimme five" when they're
nine months old like she did with all three of our children?
Who will care for our children like she did?
Who will be the extra comfy lap to sit on?
Who will give me a Godly perspective on all the happens in life?
Who will give me wise advice on any topic?
Who will know me day in and day out like you did?

Why did you have to leave so soon? I miss you so much.
Love,
Rachelle