Thursday, December 16, 2004

Almost Had my Laptop Stolen

Tonight, during a break from rehearsal, I walked back to my office and my laptop was gone, the drawers from my desk open and there was a jacket outside near the door. I had left my office open, but the glass doors in the office space were locked.

I was in shock, I couldn't believe it. I looked everywhere for it and for clues. I called my friend to come help me look around and he found the computer hidden behind a box in the hallway near my office.

Did someone leave it there to come back for it later? In the main sanctuary, there were over 300 people for a children's performance, so it could have been anyone.

I don't know what to think.

When I first walked into the office area, a guy walked out the front door. He had a jacket on, so it couldn't have been his jacket outside my office. And he looked like a parent type. But how did he get in?

What's even more strange, is that after my friend found the laptop, I locked my office and went back to the rehearsal room. I left the jacket outside my office. After rehearsal, I came back, and the jacket was gone.

Was it a kid, was the man I saw literally in the middle of stealing the computer when he heard me open the back door?

I dont' know what to think. I'm glad I have the laptop. I will talk to the staff about this tomorrow.

Crazy.