Friday, December 31, 2004

Kidneys are Working

I spoke to the nurse Leslie this morning, she's the head nurse. She said gramma is urinating and her kidneys are working. I asked her if perhaps her kidneys were failing, but she said they're fine. She said they performed another test this morning to see where her sedation levels are at. We'll know more later.

Today also marks the 4th year anniversary of my dad's death. He died to be with Jesus, Dec. 31st, 2000. Today is an amazing day, thinking of him, my mom (her husband) also thinking of him, gramma's condition and also, one wonderful thing, my sister is due with their second Jan. 9th.

What a journey. I wrote a song 4 years ago in response to my dad's death and how God is near to the brokenhearted:

"You Walk Besides Me, your presence is my strength and so I can say that/You walk besides me, your love has broken through."