Monday, December 13, 2004

The Skinny on: Emergent Criticism

What's memorable for me is being at a Young Leader's gathering, (as they were called back then), in Newport Mesa, CA and meeting Rudy, Andrew, Paul Kaanz?, Dieter, all these guys that were rocking my world. It's nostalgic and exciting to remember those days. I also remember going to San Antonio to a Young Leader's thing and hearing Doug and Jason Mitchell (Bethany intern), talk about changing culture. It didn't all make sense at the time, but look at where it's now...

It has been fun to be a part of this conversation for the last 10-15 years. I was 20-25 back then. And yet frustrating to see how little I have done. Perhaps the best is yet to come for me personally as well as for our church. One has to wish.

One last note. Andrew here talks about a book "Reclaiming the Center", and it's of note that our apologetics prof at Talbot, Garrett DeWeese wrote an article in the book together with JP Morelan. He spoke of this book in class and I guess I just feel lucky to be in such a seminary with such a man and such a book.

This whole thing makes me tear up. Not sure why.
The Skinny on Emergent Criticism.