Sunday, February 13, 2005

Major Conversation with our 3.5 year Old

Isabela (our 3.5 year old) just had a 20 minute question and answer time with us about gramma and 'what happened to abuelita'...the full gamet of questions. She has asked these before, but this time the questions just kept coming. Wow, children are so perceptive. It just breaks my heart, but also makes me glad she's processing all this. She asked and said:
1. Where is abuelita
2. What happened to her head
3. Why don't hospitals make people better
4. Mom, are you a doctor?
5. I miss abuelita
5. Me gusta abuelita (I like gramma)
6. What's an IV?

She probably asked 10-12 more questions that I can't remember right now...Canela (6, this Tuesday), said she had a dream that abuelita had come back with a thing around her head. Gramma died Jan. 3rd, 2005 of a brain anyurism.

Side note: Today, as we closed the worship service with a song I wrote a few years ago called "For the Glory of Your Name" when it got to the part that says, "and when in Heaven I arrive/and this faith becomes my sight/with my crown before your throne Jesus/it is you that I'll adore/" I broke down and cried. After the service was over our pastor came up on stage to ask me how I was doing. I cried on his shoulder. It was a special moment. He told me that he was moved when I stopped to collect my thoughts, but the congregation kept singing my song.