Friday, February 18, 2005

The Official Crash and Burn: Fatigue and Illness

I feel terrible. My body is done with this pace, this stress, the grieving, the push to keep going. The truth is that withouth gramma here, our lives are twice as fast. This is the way it should have been from the beginning, but we were glad for gramma's help. We also helped her and were there for her. Nonetheless, now it's up to Rachelle and I to make things happen - I'm talking about all things home - cooking, cleaning, children, the usual.

I've been sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, body ache, cold sores, headaches all week. During a meeting this last week, I nearly fell asleep (and there were only three of us in the room!). It's just all catching up with me. The biggest loss is not being able to lift weights or run for almost 7 days. I usually lift and run 6 times a week. I've been doing my abs every day and keeping to my eating plan, but I feel my body fading when I don't lift. I also miss the stress release lifting brings.

And work goes on right? I speak this week in Resonate, 1st time since gramma. Sunday is Sunday, it's a'comin. We're also working to get Good Friday set, as well as Easter. Then, April 10th, we are changing our service times. The service I help lead which is usually at 8:30am is moving to 10:45am which is a great move for reaching our city. The issue for our band is that we will lose our bass and drummer. We have 3-4 other guys, but the loss of relationship, the learning curve, all those things are tough. So I'm trusting God for his plan, but all these things bring stress and my body is just done. Tomorrow is our girl's birthday party.

Thank you for praying. I need to go and rest.