Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Time, Time, Time

Sometimes, like today, it feels like the main help for grief is = let time pass by. You'll feel less and less pain over time, you'll remember the good times more than the sadness you currently feel.

Let me tell you, that theory stinks and doesn't work. There's all kinds of grief work that I've done in the last 4-5 years that's a step in the right direction - Time and Space say the counselors. Good advice. But bottom line, all you can really is do is let time pass while you do the right things. Wow, tough stuff.

My gramma would have had her 2nd knee surgery today. Her birthday would have been March 4th. She would have turned 79. Today, I spoke to my uncles and aunts, they are all feeling this hard. They used words I relate to - 'unbelievable', 'hard to accept', 'now what do we do', 'we have to keep going', 'it's a huge emptiness'....That's how I feel.

We'll get through this, and yes I worship God in our loss, and yes, there is joy in the Lord.