Monday, June 06, 2005

The Country Under My Skin

Welcome back.

In a Book Review: The Country Under My Skin, in Nicaragua Living, there's a line by the reviewer that helps me understand myself.

Speaking of the author, Giocanda Belli, the reviewer says:

"That is, Belli is open about her thoughts and emotions just like I see with most people here in Nicaragua."

Now I get it! : )

Another book I'm reading, also recommended at Nicaragua Living, is "Meet Me In Managua" by Wendy Murray Zoba. Wendy is an award-winning writer and has worked as a reporter for Time magazine and as editor and senior writer of Christianity Today. Managua, is the capital of Nicaragua, my beloved country of origin. My mother and two sisters live in Managua. Our church has made many missionary projects to Nicaragua. I need to go back soon to scout future projects.

Into the future,

davidT