Thursday, June 02, 2005

US Strategy against FSLN Backed by Nicaraguan Government

This does not surprise me. But it's amazing to me now as an adult how U.S. intervention is real. Like many Central Americans, I grew up hearing of "la intervensiĆ³n yanqui." Yankee intervention. Now I see what they meant.

Actually, I would also intervene. The Sandinistas should never come back to power in Nicaragua. Nonetheless, the people of Nicaragua should decide that, and BolaƱos will only remind everyone of Somoza the more he allows himself (as this article claims), to be manipulated by the U.S. Let the people figure this one out.

US Strategy against FSLN Backed by Nicaraguan Government.:

He added that "there is an escalation of US interference in Nicaragua" in the wake of the great successes of the Sandinista Front in the past year.