Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Where do You Shoot From?

Welcome back.

I shoot best from this circle:

1. Equipping leaders and artists
2. Leading worship, being an artist
3. Relational leadership and vision
4. Building bridges into culture, locally and in the world
5. Speaking hope and guidance into people's lives through God's Word

Leadership Wired - May 2005:

"This is what legendary basketball coach John Wooden did to help his players improve their shooting percentages. 'I observed [as they practiced], I watched them,' he said. 'And when I found their spot, I went out there and drew a circle and said, ‘This is where you shoot from; this is where you make your shots.' '

Wooden wasn't 'leading' as he did this. He wasn't casting a vision or implementing a strategy. He was simply watching. But what he observed enabled him to help his players achieve their full potential, which is what leadership is all about."


Into the future,

davidT