Monday, May 09, 2005

Mosaic Church, LA-Sunday experience

Welcome back.

Inspired by David at Revolution, I'll write a review of my time at Mosaic Church at their Culver City site last Sunday (they meet in 5 different locations). Erwin McManus is the lead pastor, and his brother Alex is the executive like pastor. Alex has a blog and it's an amazing leadership blog thing.

Erwin doesn't blog, he just writes bestselling books. I'm currently reading his latest, "The Barbarian Way" (not his best work), and is currently writing a book on Creativity. (I better get going on my book writing gigs!) : )

This week Mosaic is also holding their Origins Leadership Conference. Alex is actually blogging the whole thing online. Check it out. I've been to Origins the last three years, first year I went alone, second time with 3 guys, last year with 4. I got their message - Leadership, Arts, Erwin. Too bad you can't bring Erwin back with you. My main critique of Mosaic's vision is that it's pretty much carried by the McManus brothers. If you're not them, it's tough to talk the talk. Nonetheless, it's something everyone should do at least once. I'll probably take some guys with me to it next year.

Mosaic Church, Culver City, Experience. -
More to come...I gotta go do my ab workout. I just finished 1 hr of chest and back. Nice.

Into the future...

davidT