Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Thank you Eric Marsh

Welcome back.

Days like today, reading Rudy, Ryan, Andrew, Karen, Latino Pundit (oh yes, I'm supposed to be finishing my paper also), I just feel so connected to God, Jesus, His Kingdom through all my friends. There are many more of you (see blogroll for links, I'm just too rushed right now to do all the html for it, but I owe you each a link).

I just mentioned some of you, but all of you touch my life daily.....(oh yes, my Talbot paper, I know, I know. Almost there, working on it...)

And I want to thank Eric Marsh, Hope for Long Beach, Grace Brethren, Long Beach, CA, (I feel like I just won a Grammy or something), for getting me started on blogging two years ago. If not for him, and Rudy (and those first few moments of 'wow! this is so me, brown people blog too, and intelligent ones like Rudy and others) I would not be here.

So thank you Eric, thank you Rudy, thank you blogging friends for the community, the insight, the mentoring that takes places here daily. You all know what I mean. You are leaders, servants, emergent and moderns, practicioners, Jesus freaks, critical, opinionated, sometimes wrong, but often right, sociologists, pastors and philosophers. You are yellow, brown, red, purple, black and white. You are cool and nerdy, techies and artists and all of the above mixed into one. I am one of your kind.

And by the way, if you have not started your own blog, what are you waiting for? Go to Blogger.com, it's free.

I hope you feel inspired through my writings to live, to lead, to serve, to unite, to feel, to worship, to equip, to move into the future, to exercise, to eat right, to have courage, to suffer, to cry, and to have hope amidst it all.

After all, as our 6 year old said when I asked her "why do we say in Jesus name when we pray?" she said, "porque esta vivo." "Because He's alive".

..great, I'm in tears now...

Now back to the "Sermon on the Mount" and the "Authority of Jesus."

Into the future,

davidT