Friday, May 27, 2005

Depressed All Day, Better Now

Welcome back.

Today I was just down all day. Many reasons, same reasons. But I'm better now. Worked out, took a little nap, had a BBQ with some family from out of town, and now I'm home with my wife.

What touched my heart today? My aunt Sonia (grandma's daughter), who is here visiting from New Mexico, was in grandma's room today. She brought out some of gramma's plants and watered them. We also water them, but it was a very tender thing for her to do, a way to re-connect with the room and the place where abuelita spent most of her time. When my aunt lived in the area, she would often visit gramma here at our home. It was special to see her again, remembering together, looking back with sadness, still all of it hard to believe, but moving forward.

Into the future,

davidT