Monday, May 02, 2005

This Week-Working Vacation

Trying to not work much, but you know how that goes when you're home. I'm taking time this week to remember, to write songs, meditate on the Psalms, love people, do things around the house, get a haircut, stuff like that.

It's been a good push since January for our whole family. With abuelita, Easter, GF, service time change, a new band, etc. I need some time off. Jeff, our new drummer just came by, he's 18 a Senior at Wilson High School, sweet young man. He's going to go practice his drums at the church.

I'm discipling him on Thurday nights. I gave him a book today called "Breaking the DaVinci Code", he has some questions, good stuff. Today he told me he's been reading the discipleship manual and he's seeing things he needs to stop doing, and other things he needs to start on. Amazing stuff. Equipping artists, it's what I do.

Tuesday I'm driving down the coast with my guitar to spend some time alone at the ocean, praying, writing songs, crying, laughing, writing, writing, writing, drawing, singing, thinking.

Wednesday night I'm going to worship with Phil Wickham at BIOLA. Amazing young man, 21 year old Calvary Chapel worship leader, God's anointing is on him. He's written strong songs such as "You're My Everything," and "Jesus Lord of Heaven", we sing these and they move people. We need to have him come to Bethany and do a concert together with our bands.

At lunch, I'm getting together with a friend who's dealing with some loss in his life, to help him out. Then before class, I'm meeting with a young man who's the worship director at BIOLA to share about the book I'm writing called, "Equipping the Next Generation for a Life Time of Worship."

Thursday night we're doing a family dinner at Fudrucker's, taking a break from the routine. We don't go out much, so this will be fun. Thursday and Friday I have pick up/drop off duties with our children.

Sat. I have a jam session with our band. Part of resting for me is playing music.

Sunday, I'll probably visit Mosaic in LA, it's been a while.