Wednesday, May 18, 2005

L.A. Elects 1st Hispanic Mayor Since 1872

L.A. Elects 1st Hispanic Mayor Since 1872.

Arnold seemed great at first, an immigrant, hard worker, a movie star? But the argument could be made that he's been a terrible choice. No experience, etc.

What of Villaraigosa? I like that he's Latino, but can he do the job? We need Latinos that are examples of leadership, honesty, integrity and an ability to unite. Is he that person? I don't know his political record well enough. Rudy?

How do you guys feel about this?

"'I've said to people, `I'm an American of Mexican descent and I intend to be a mayor for all Los Angeles,'' he said Wednesday while visiting a vocational school. 'In this diverse city, that's the only way it can work.'"

"Los Angeles is now 48 percent Hispanic, 31 percent white, 11 percent Asian and 10 percent black."