Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Walking the Streets of Long Beach

Welcome back.

Procedure Update: Day 2. Still slow walking around, but better. Resting.

It's been a while since I took a bus down Anaheim St. or walked down Long Beach Blvd., just to notice the life, the people of my city. I used to this often, ride my bike. That's how God began to reveal His burden for the city.

It's time to do this again. Do you want to better know the needs of your surroundings? Take the bus down to MyCity Blvd. and pray. And while you're there, read Trotter's list on "How to Build Community" as you walk around.

I wrote a song about this a few years ago:
I want to walk/the streets of Long Beach/and see with my eyes/the people you want to reach/I want to walk/the streets of my city/and see in their eyes/the people they long to be/Jesus, use me/Jesus, heal me/

Text reference: Matthew 9:35, "35 Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing and...36 Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them..."

Into the future,

davidT