Sunday, January 30, 2005

Heart of the Artist Getaway

This coming weekend we are putting on the "Heart of the Artist" retreat at Pine Summit, in Big Bear. We're breaking into small groups and going through the book by the same name, "Heart of the Artist". The themes include: 1. Servanthood versus Stardom 2. Jealousy and Envy 3. Perfectionism versus Excellence 4. Proven Character and others.

We're also getting everyone into groups to artistically express four verses fromn Scripture through mediums (paint, voice, songwriting and acting) and at the end presenting them to the rest of the group. We have about 35 going. Not bad for a bunch of creative types.

The goal is Artist Transformation.

I also interviewed to day with the missions council to go to Russia this summer.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to doing normal things, mowing the lawn, working out and spending time with my wife and children. Today was a tough day, but God held me through it. Lots of prayers going around. Grieving is tiring. My mom is also supposed to call tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that.