Thursday, January 06, 2005

Verses That Fill My Soul

In times like these, the truth of Scripture washes over me and restores my soul:

Philippians 1:21: "For to me, to live is Christ, to die is gain." - As my sister Marcia said, gramma is now in the 'gain'.

Job 1:20-22: "The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised. 22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing." - The Lord gave us gramma, the Lord has taken her away, Blessed be His Name!

1 Cor 15:55: “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." - Satan has no hold on my gramma, she belongs to Jesus.

I've also been worshipping God, listening to Fernando Ortega, a man of deep theology, culture and soul. "Light of Heaven" and others have been great.

Today, while doing the lawn, tears began to flow. I kept telling gramma I wasn't ready for her to leave, yet I will be okay. I will continue forward, and I thank God for all she shared with me. She taught me so much about home stuff. Just now, I thought she walked into the kitchen and I turned around. I will miss her.

Four years ago, I wrote a song after my dad died that I now dedicate to gramma. It's called "For the Glory of Your Name" and the line I like best is the 2nd verse:

/And when in Heaven I arrive/and this faith becomes my sight/with my crown before your throne Jesus/it is you that i'll adore/