Saturday, January 08, 2005

A Note From Laurie

Laurie lost her mom just a few years ago. She's a jr. high intern at Bethany, and a college student. She wrote me a wonderful note that brought me to tears. Today, I've been in tears a lot. At Sears, talking to Sandi our neighbor, I'm just a mess today. Right now, my mom and her sister are putting away gramma's clothes and stuff. Wow, that's hard. There's a sweater of hers that I loved to see her in, there that one, I want to keep that one in my closet. I'll be okay. It's going to be okay.

Dear David,
...but just remember that the Lord is in control even when we don't understand, and He is always there to comfort us and hold us up when we can't on our own....I will continue to pray.

Love,

Laurie H.


Psalms 22:2-3:

"2 O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, and am not silent.
3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the praise of Israel."

This reminds me of another song I wrote a while back:

"I've needed you so much/In bed I've cried to You/These clouds that come to me/This rain is not so new/But it was You so near/Who never walked away/Carried the weight and took my pain/