Friday, January 07, 2005

Thank You


cem2
Originally uploaded by dtrigueros.

Thank you to all who came, who prayed, who thought of grandma today. Her funeral was hard but good. She was buried amidst a heavy downpour, her "showers of blessings." Thank you to all our family, many who came from far away. There were over 150 people at her funeral, in heavy rain, in two languages, of all ages, from Bethany (my church) and her home church Iglesia Cristiana Hispana, and many friends including Mrs. Green, the lady whose house my gramma cleaned for over 20 years.

I leave this moment with a song I can hear her sing now:

"Tu Fidelidad es grande/Tu fidelidad incomparable es/Nadie como tu bendito Dios/Grande es tu fidelidad."

"Your faithfulness is great/Your faithfulness is incomparable/No one like you, blessed Lord/Great is your faithfulness."

Good night. I am exhausted. Every one did great today. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.